Difference between revisions of "Homepage"
|Line 144:||Line 144:|
=How to view a
=How to view a timetable=
You can switch view to a
You can switch view to a timetable by clicking on the alias button on the right corner of your timetable <br> <br>
[[File:Conalias1.jpg]] <br> <br>
[[File:Conalias1.jpg]] <br> <br>
Revision as of 12:17, 9 May 2014
to access this module:
|Access PARS management options|
|Access PARS permissions|
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Top Toolbar
- 3 Left Side Menu
- 4 How to view a colleague's timetable
- 5 How to add a diary entry
What you see on the Connect Homepage is based on your permissions. If you require more features to be unlocked then this will be managed by your School Network or data Manager.
- TIP: Don't forget you can navigate to the previous page by clicking the standard back and forward browser buttons like any other website.
On the top of your homepage you will see the quick launch bar and this will be stay at the top of your screen when using Connect
- Main menu: This will give you a drop down list of features available to you based on your permissions
- Register: To take current register click on this icon; you can also double click on your register via the timetable. The Register page contains information about the symbols that appear on the register screen itself.
- Emergency Alert: Send an emergency alert to a pre-configured group of staff if assistance required quickly. Extra text can be added prior to sending using the 'Accept' button. The emergency group must be pre-configured via group manager
- Where is?: Find a pupil quickly by selecting this icon. Select the pupils name and Accept
- Pupil information: This option gives you YTD cumulative information reference an individual pupil. Some of the tabs here are based on user permissions also
(Click 'select a student' button to proceed)
Dashboard: Culmulative YTD graphical information for attendance and behaviour
Personal: Personal data including medical, travel, DOB, % Attendance .....
Behaviour: Culmulative YTD behaviour log
Timetable: This enables staff also to print the timetable quickly for pupils if they loose their planner!
SEN: Any SEN information including Gifted & Talented once input into SIMS can be read directly here
IEP: SIMS IEP can be seen directly in here or you can create your own bespoke PARS IEP templates. These need to be created and uploaded to PARS.Net first. See also http://www.tascsoftware.co.uk/wiki/pars/index.php?title=Jenny%27s_training_guides#IEP_-_Individual_Education_Plan
Contacts: All contact information in SIMS can be seen here - if incorrect, pupil parental/guardian data must be updated in SIMS
Detention: Any detentions entered in PARS will be listed here also
On Report: Any pupils On Report configured in PARS will be listed here
Extras: Quick link to SIMS extras for various parental consent options from parents/guardians
Attendance: See a summary and overview of the pupil's attendance.
KI: Use a key indicator template to analyse a pupil's grades.
- External contact: Click this button to be taken to the External contact screen where you can send messages to parents via SMS, email or Mail merge.
- Mobile icon: Switch to mobile view enables you to use a mobile friendly drop down menu for taking current registers, see notice, behavior and grades from your mobile phone
Left Side Menu
Your timetable will always be live as of 'today' however you can change date by simply clicking on the calendar shown.
Notices can be found in the left side menu. Messages seen are based on users permissions which could include behaviour referrals, grade reminders, personal notices or attendance notices.
This dashboard can be personalised allowing behaviour, attendance or ASM Grade GROUP data to be configured and used for quick access to graphical information. GROUP data could be - for example - house, tutor, SEN, year, user-defined... Once configured, PARS Connect will remember the chart you require.
DRAG a chosen (attendance or behaviour or ASM grades) 'widget' box shown in the menu to the left and DROP to the large space to the right
To do list: Missing registers, Overdue homework, Grades due
If your attendance staff send notifications for missing registers, you will find them here. Click on the missing register notice and your will be taken directly to the register that requires marking.
Any homework added with start and end dates by teachers via registers will be noted here if overdue
Requiring Grade Entry
Due grades are listed here
Group data - Grade Analysis, behaviour, attendance (Year group / Reg group / Subject)
Run grading analyses by groups - either year, reg, or classes. To do this, you must have at least one Key Indicator setup.
Click here to download a document explaining the new grading analysis features coming to PARS Connect.
Charts will show you an overview of the grading for the group you are analysing.
Charts are responsive, so clicking on them will show which pupils are above, on or below target, and which are acheiving certain grades.
Analysing subjects allows you to see how pupils perform in some subjects compared to others. You can identify trends between subjects, teahcers and pupils. Residual graphs show how far above or below a class is compared to their targets, and also whether or not there are any pupils significantly under or over acheiving.
The residuals are also responsive, and clicking on them will open a value added grid for the group.
Value added grids show you how many steps above or below target pupils are; it is especially important to identify pupils who are heavily under-challenged or need considerable extra support. Value added grids do this by showing you how far away from target pupils are.
Clicking on the value added grid will show which pupils are at which stage of their learning.
How to view a colleague's timetable
You can switch view to a colleague's timetable by clicking on the alias button on the right corner of your timetable
To switch back to your timetable, click back on the alias button and click your own name.
How to add a diary entry
You can also add diary page entries by right-clicking on your timetable.
Once a diary entry has been entered, this will appear on the timetable for that given date and if selected, you will also get a pop up reminder