The Users page
If any staff members have been imported into the system, you will see a list of them on this page, as well as the initial admin user. If you have not imported any users into the system, see our import page for instructions to do so.
One or more staff members can be selected using the checkboxes next to their photos. Once you have selected the staff member(s), click the "Open" button at the top right of the page. You will see a window where you can alter users' permissions.
You can also click the "Affinities" link next to a staff member's name to link students to that staff member. See below for information on Permissions and Affinities.
- By default, users are approved. This means that Cura will recognise them and allow them to perform actions in the system (as long as they have any other required permissions, see below). If a user is not approved, they will not be able to log in, regardless of their other permissions.
- The user's clearance level decides which pieces of information they are able to view. When a staff member records something in Cura, they will need to give a clearance level between 1 and 5. The higher the clearance, the more sensitive the information is. A staff member can record an incident using any clearance level however they will not be able to review incidents above their clearance level. See the students page for more information about recording information in Cura.
- This will have the most noticeable effect on the homepage, which is used for reviewing incidents.
- Each recorded piece of information in Cura must be given a severity level between 1 and 5. The higher the severity, the more concerning the information is. See the students page for more information about recording information in Cura.
- A user's severity range dictates which pieces of information they will be responsible for acting on. Users will either need to act on every incident within their severity range (e.g. the Child Protection Officer may want to deal with all Severity 5 incidents), or only the incidents within their severity range that affect students they share an affinity with (e.g. a form tutor may only deal with incidents affecting students in his/her form).
- If a user's severity range is not above 0, they will not have to act upon any incidents. Incidents that need to be actioned are dealt with via the homepage.
- The simplified interface is used for users who will never need to review any incidents. They can record information and run reports (if given the Report Runner permission) but not review anything that has happened. Users who are using the simplified interface will not see the homepage. If they have the Data Entry permission, then their login will default to the students page.
The affinities page is used to link users to specific students, for example linking a form tutor to the pupils in their form group. Every pupil will be listed with various fields of information, such as Form Group, Gender, SEN status, etc.
The page can be filtered by any of the information fields to find specific pupils. To do this, click the filter button next to one of the column headers and choose how you would like to filter:
Once you have selected your filter criteria, the relevant pupils will appear on the page. Use the checkboxes on the far left of the page to select the pupils who should be linked to the chosen staff member.
Please note that you should remove any filters that you have applied before clicking the "Save" button at the top right, otherwise your affinities may not save correctly.